Monday, January 14, 2013

Dream-like Reality.

It was more like a dream. The type of dream you wake up from feeling incomplete. As if that dream gave you all the answers you wondered about and fulfilled all the wishes you lived with for years. In this dream you made it to a point in your life that you only once imagined. But you were there. It was time. And it felt so incredibly right. Every cell in your body was filled with hope and in that simple moment, nothing could tear you down. That one small and massive prayer was answered and you finally made it.

But soon you find yourself waking up to reality and no further hope is given. Questions start swarming around in your mind and doubt tries incredibly hard to attack you any chance it gets. You try holding on to the hope you received in that dream, reminding yourself how wonderful it felt, how happy you became, but the further it gets, the weaker you feel. You question the purpose of the dream, hoping that it still means something and that someday soon that dream will continue. But until then, you can only wish all over again, hope all over again, and wait all over again.

What I want to remember is that with God, all things are possible. He has a plan that will work, that will keep me strong, and that will amaze me beyond measure. I can tell I'm at the beginning of that new book in life. He's writing this new chapter for me and I must tell myself this each and every day. I will be blown away, quite like I was in said dream. I'm so thankful that what seemed like a dream was actually reality for a little while. Maybe that's exactly what God planned to wake me up, get me dreaming again, wishing again, and gaining the proper motivation to move on.

That dream should be enough for me to believe and know. To just keep the hope that what I once imagined is real. It is real. There is hope.

I can do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment