Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Disconnected From the World.

What does it mean to suddenly feel disconnected from the world around you? I could be completely fine, and then suddenly it's hard to focus. I physically walk alone and all I can wish for is some form of hope. God tends to give it to me in one way or another, but I'm not often sure what leads me to that disconnection in the first place. Is it a deeper yearning in me? Is it my mind subconsciously grieving over the current loss of my dad? And yet once a human being is around me and I'm in communication, I suddenly feel okay again. Like I've connected myself to something--someone--in the world around me. Suddenly I'm able to somewhat focus again.

This doesn't help in my school work though. I'm slowly but surely trying to make my way back into the present. But it's going a lot slower than I thought. I feel like procrastinating and just sleeping instead. I feel like the enemy wants me to fall back into my old ways, and I don't want to give in to that. I'm praying to have hope and strength, to keep my dreams going. I'm a dreamer, living it out loud, and I cannot give in to these hopeless feelings.

But then when I least expect it, God brings along what seems to be the perfect answer. I'm right back on my feet again, somehow, with hope. As if I have another reason to keep going. To stay inspired. Something that makes me want to smile despite my circumstances. I can't figure out what disconnects me from the world, but being brought back down by that little glimpse of hope is...well, my only hope getting through this time. I need to be connected again. I need to find my confidence. I need to stay inspired.

What does it mean to suddenly feel disconnected from the world around you? Maybe it means God is calling you to listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment