Friday, October 4, 2013

God is Doing Great Things.

I have this need to write, but I don't exactly have any sort of content that can be discussed. So here I am, alone in my apartment, attempting to write anyway. I feel like whatever I hold inside of me is capable of creeping its way out of my fingertips, therefore I write. It's a way I release my feelings and, well, it feels good. I tend to write a lot. I have a very active mind, after all.

Today I was speaking with one of my roommates who opened up about some past issues, fears, rejection, and such. It reminded me a bit of my fears I overcame. I highly hoped that maybe I could gift her some hope. God has placed inside of me a dire need to encourage people. I have desires to watch lives become saved, hearts become healed, and relationships become restored. I often wonder where exactly God will take me. But I know that He has given me a story to tell and I'm quite sure He's asking me to speak it out. There is something about the way my life was orchestrated that causes me to wonder what God is really doing.

This place that I'm at now in life is incredible. If I allow myself to look around me, to remember my past and compare it to who I am today, I get this incredible sense of awe. The days that I patiently waited for change have been paying off and here I am as a new person. I learned to have patience, how to love unconditionally, and how to have real faith. There is no other way to explain how I got to my current location than to say God brought me here.

God surprised me. He used the perfect plan to heal my heart, increase my faith, and bring me here. I honestly couldn't be more thankful. I can see Him now moving me into the next season. To be honest, I'm really excited for it. I'm like a child on the night before Christmas, eagerly awaiting that moment they can open their gifts. God has some new gifts coming, and I'm ready to receive them. There may be more to do, but so far His lessons have been totally worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment