Sunday, January 26, 2014

Change, People, and Myself.

God has changed me in a ways I would have never imagined. He has opened my eyes to things I didn't see before and He has healed wounds I didn't know I even had. He has also helped me look back at my past with mercy, so that I can forgive myself and move on. He has placed in my life the people I need for all this change, and He has taught me something new through each one. Today I am someone that may be still growing, but I'm definitely in a better place. My heart has been healed, and more wounds have been healed as well. God has done a tremendous amount of mending and I still pray for more of it.

It's funny to think about what got me to where I am today. It was curiosity. And maybe slight impatience at one point. I was forced to wait on many things, like being accepted into my current University, or going to England when I did, and also moving out of the house. It all took time, but my curiosity and impatience helped me take a leap of faith. I was so excited and so determined to change my life and God did exactly that for me. But it's funny because I still remember clearly what curiosity I had. My one question was, "Who is out there?"

People can make such a vast difference in someone's life. We need people. God has purpose for all the people on this earth. All the while here I am, one human being, and I have come to really get to know my own heart. It finds comfort in helping people. I love to encourage, deepen faith, and help people feel excited. Happiness and joy is so very important. But at the same time, I've come to understand sorrows, pain, and the many hardships we can undergo in this world. I've had my fair share of battles and trials, and I've also had a nice amount of victories.

God has been changing me to become a stronger person to help others, and I find a nice amount of beauty in that fact. Me? Someone who grew up shy, quiet, and reserved is suddenly talkative, loud, and open? I can't say I've left the shy version of myself--she shows up here and there. But I've been called to speak, to share, and God has showed me that I have a voice and a story to tell. I know that because He gave me this story, and I've been able to use it to help people. I wouldn't change that fact no matter how hard previous trials were. I like to look back and see how much God really did help me through.

I request one thing from God: Send me the people I can speak to and encourage.

Here I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment