Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Dearest Two-Thousand-Fourteen.

Dear 2014,

You're just around the corner now, and so I'm finally writing you this letter before we meet. This past year has  been a crazy one for me. I made my own guesses before it came of what it'd be like, and to my surprise it was almost what I predicted, only in many different ways. I followed some dreams, stepped out of my comfort zone, experienced new things, and took many leaps of faith that changed my whole world. I now sit in my apartment writing you this letter to say that I'm utterly excited to accept you.

I'm not sure what you'll bring me, but I have much hope over it. I'm working on holding onto hope, trusting completely in God with the  new things in my life, and also trusting His providence. I've gained and lost many things within one year, so I'm feeling quite ready for a fresh new start. I know you're just another 365 days to count, but the idea of starting over is refreshing, and so you're, in a sense, my excuse.

It's crazy that I had this huge plan for 2013, but for you I have a form of blind faith. I haven't even looked that far ahead. The most that I know is I'm taking a bus trip home, the opposite of what I did a year beforehand, and I'm visiting family and shooting a wedding before heading back for the new semester. I don't think I've even tried looking past that at all! Maybe I'll leave you to be a complete surprise, because I've found my new place and I'm moving along one day at a time. I'm considering counseling at a camp in the summer, so that's one idea. But for the most part, I now have school to keep me occupied 2/3rds of the year.

I do have one request, not that you have the power to grant it. But I really would like to go uphill more often. I don't want to lose anyone again, the way I lost my dad. I'm not sure my heart could take it. I also have many dreams that have seemed unreachable, and I'm still questioning what path to actually take. I'd like to discover that path though, and see what God has for me. I also want to fill the year with a lot more love to give, and to not shy away in fear. I've always dealt with the fear of displeasing people too, and it unfortunately affects the way I think and act. I just want to really be able to love nonetheless to everyone whom God puts in my life.

I look forward to your coming. I guess I'll just let you surprise me.

Sincerely,
Stephanie Ann of 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment